Thursday, February 16, 2012

Huzzah! The SECOND adventure begins!

I know! I'm surprised too! Seriously, I think I might have an addiction starting with this blogging thing, but it's fun... So I shall continue for the sake of my READERS! Plus, I'm really enjoying myself! DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE LITTLE TANGENTS I GET ON INSTEAD OF GETTING STRAIGHT TO MY STORY?! Thanks, I like them too!

Let me just take another moment to find some AWESOME pictures! This gosh darned internet! DIE!

Here it is! What you have all been waiting for! My FIRST, well actually SECOND encounter with a dragon!
We've gotten past the point where I returned the dragon dohickey thing. Now I can proceed to tell you all about my encounter with a DRAGON! DRAGON! YEAH! I love me some dragons. I can't think of any other game in which dragons are as exciting. In order to receive the honor of fighting my first ever dragon, I have to be FORCED (not really, at this point it's more like "Am I going to fight a dragon now? Am I going to fight a dragon NOW? AM I GOING TO FIGHT A DRAGON NOW?!") to tag along with the DEG (refer to previous posts for the definition of DEG) and her cohorts. Of course, we couldn't go slay a dragon without a pep talk from the DEG and a huge morality boost. That accomplished, we head out... TO SLAY SOME DRAGON!

I want to do this SO BAD! If I could find a way to jump that far and a dragon stupid enough to fly that close to a cliffedge, my life would be complete!
After running back and forth from the quest marker and to my SLOWER THAN SLUGS hunting party, we decide "Oh, hey! Let's chill behind this rock and see if there's a dragon still around, because there is no WAY that dragon can see us hiding back here." Actually, I have to give DEG more credit, if ever I was in a real life war situation, I would probably want to be under her unit because she watches out for her people... and verbally abuses the men if they are too wimpy to go fight a dragon... WIN! We are promptly given orders to check out the destroyed tower for survivors and to keep an eye out for any dragons. Easy enough, we run out there only to be yelled out by a survivor we're looking for that the dragon is BACK!

This is the moment when I heroically shout "BRING IT!" and slay the dragon with my awesome and amazing skills as a WARRIOR! ... This did not happen... In actuality, I flee into the tower and let all the guys outside take the heat. I know! What an awful thing to do! Leave your comrades out there to die?! Seriously, who does that? I'm sorry, okay?! I'm SORRY! I panicked! This is my first time ever attempting to SLAY a dragon! I mean, come on! Give me a break! I had to run this dialogue through my head in order to gain the nerve to venture to the top of the tower and check out the dragon.

Yep... Still very intimidating...
After spinning around like an idiot trying to locate the red marker on my compass, I see the dragon. It is a life changing event for me. It swoops down from the sky and hovers over its enemies breathing a molten jet of flame over them! It was so COOL! I loved it and yet I still had to slay it. Problem. Despite my conflicting feelings, I take out my bow and promptly shoot dozens of arrows at the thing like a barrage of steel tipped DEATH! .... *sigh* I miss a lot. Then... The unspeakable happens. The dragon takes notice of ME. This is because it has already made short work of everyone below, and I'm the only one left.

Don't panic. Don't panic. DON'T PANIC! I go into panic mode. I run back into the tower and wait for it to pass. I take a peak outside through a window and get FLAMED! Heal, heal, heal! Then my warrior mode kicks in. "That dragon has only a smidge of health left. You could take it down with a few more arrows." Good GOD! Warrior mode is right! Let's do this thing! I run outside shoot another volley of arrows, miss most of them, hit the dragon once, get FLAMED, run back inside the tower, and heal. Phew... Only two more to go!

This final moment is really special. I prepare to shoot the dragon one FINAL time and defeat the evil menace. I feel very epic pointing my arrow down at the dragon from the top of the tower, a dragon who is so tired and beaten up that he can't even fly. *soft inner sob* It looks up at me, and I look down at it. It FLAMES me and I SHOOT it! The dragon dies, I run down the tower, and YIPPEE! I absorb the dragons SOUL! I am DOVAKHIM!

Now I get the run down. Arnold Schwarzeneeger guy tells me that "You. You are dragonborn!" Of course, the whole time I'm absorbing the dragon's soul before this, I am shouting to the world "I'M DRAGONBORN!" Nonetheless, I let him shower me with awe and praise, and even get to shout above his head... He was thoroughly impressed.

I shout like THIS! Except I'm a woman and look much prettier.
Shouting is by far my favorite aspect of this game. I literally run around shouting people down wherever I go. Dragons included. I no longer feel empathy for these things like with the first one, now I just want their souls so that I can unlock more shouts. Plus, they show up EVERY time I fast travel somewhere, so there is definetly no shortage of dragons. Which brings me to another aspect of the game I find enjoyable: the EPIC music that plays whenever you're about to fight a dragon! It's amazing. One moment you're strolling through the woods, scaring all the wildlife, when DUN-DUN-DUH! Epic music starts playing! Ugh! I love it! I always spin around like a moron looking for that red mark on my compass, it's quite comic actually.

These and many other reasons are why I love Skyrim so much, but since I am so burnt out on Skyrim at the moment I am typing this blog. We'll see how long this lasts. Probably only until I get another video game to engross myself in, then I'll write another blog. Yay! The cycle continues. Seriously, though, if you haven't played Skyrim yet go out and get it. Right now!

A game of the ages! SKYRIM!
Don't worry, I'm not finished with this blog yet! How could I be when Skyrim has over 3000 hours of gameplay?

No comments:

Post a Comment