Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My FIRST Adventure in Skyrim Paaaart 2!

I have to admit... This is a MIRACLE! I didn't think that I would be capable of updating so soon. Instead of going over the joys of my success I will proceed to tell you of my visit to the Jarl.

Finally, I had made it to Dragonsreach after spending several minutes selling my crap to all the local merchants. I was in awe as I approached the huge structure knowing that I had obtained the best possible price for all my goods at my current speech level. This was going to be an epic day in the world of Skyrim.

Now I shall interrupt this blog with a brief picture of this structure, so that my readers KNOW exactly what I am talking about. I must also thank a friend of mine for showing me how to upload these pictures with such speed and grace that I can't even tell that my internet is slower than an extinct dinosaur.

Look at it's magnificence! What amazing architecture! Such pristine atmosphere!

Now that you KNOW what it is that I'm talking about I shall continue my tale. Upon approaching the massive double doors, I steal myself for the awesomeness that I am about to experience. With baited breath I activate the door and... MY STUPID GAME FREEZES!! You could not BELIEVE my fury! I cussed up a storm as I stood up and went around to my PS3 and forcefully shut it DOWN. I returned to my seat, rearranged myself, and waited what felt like hours for my PS3 to reanimate itself...

All is not lost. Luckily, I am one of those people who saves so often that they find their game is slowing down before they have even played it for a week. Phew. NOW I quickly race up the steps to the Jarl's house, activate the door, and silently pray that the game will not freeze. It doesn't. I successfully enter Dragonsreach and begin my ascent to the Jarl's throne. Then to my astonishment a Dark Elf lady draws her sword and starts walking towards me threateningly. I decide that instead of allowing her to approach me, I will play a demented game of tag around the central fire pit. Needless to say she did not react to this and continued her pursuit of me with her menacing gaze and creeping feet.

That would be her. She's on the RIGHT! The FAR right!
I wish I could find better pictures of what I'm looking for, but since I have forgotten her name and can't find anything when I google "Skyrim: dragonsreach jarl's bodyguard" I have settled with this. I'm sure it would help if I could remember what her name is, but I'm just not coming up with anything.

Once tired of our little dance around the fire, I proceed to dash towards the Jarl and talk to him before his Dark Elf bodyguard can even touch me! Ha! The Jarl was none too pleased with that, but he apparently didn't understand that I was someone important and if he wanted to continue his role of being a key helper in all of this, he would need to be more courteous. ANYWAY, after that, things went swimmingly. I explained to him that "ALL HELL HAS BRAKEN LOOSE AND DRAGONS ARE SWOOPING AMONG US!" He keeps his cool and orders me and his DEB (Dark Elf Bodyguard) to go check out a nearby tower... WAIT! That happens after I go hunting in some ruins that I get killed many times by stupid draugr to find some dragon plate thing.

Okay, backtracking here. I approach the Jarl and tell him about dragons and the weather and ask him all sorts of questions about himself, and then finally go off to his mage guy. I find HIM in a side room doing magey stuff and activate talk to him. I gag. His voice actor is GOD AWFUL! It has to do with the way he enunciates stuff! It's horrid! Despite that, I persevere. He explains to me that blah blah blah he needs this artifact to help him protect the Reach from dragons, so "Okay, I'll go get this dragon plate thing." He does forworn me that I will more than likely die on this endever... He is correct... Multiple times...

THIS has been a very successful blog I'd say, and I will update eeeventually on what happens inside the stupid draugr infested tomb where I successfully locate the stupid dragon plate thing and return to the REach. Did I mention I stole a horse? I'll get to that later. For now enjoy this post and admire the two pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment